Information Collected from All Visitors to our Website
The main purposes for which your personal data is collected, used or disclosed is to provide you with estate planning products and services, particularly to facilitate the drafting of Wills, Trusts and other legacy planning instruments as instructed by you. Other important purposes include processing of payment, addressing questions and feedback, improving our products and services, and if permitted by the law and you, sending you marketing and promotional offers.
Additional Personal Information that May be Collected
TT may collect and process:
- Personally identifiable information, such as:
- Your e-mail address and name, when you contact us;
- Details contained in the relevant document that you key in when you use our Services. These details may include your name, handphone number, email, the purpose of your query, and details about your will; (“Personal Information”)
- Information about your computer hardware and software when you use our Website. The information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by TT for the operation of the Services, to maintain quality of the Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the trusttech.sg Website.
Use of Personal Information
TT uses the collected information:
- To operate the Website and deliver the Services;
- To process, and where necessary, respond to your application, enquiry or request;
- To gather customer feedback;
- To inform or update you of other products or services available from TT and its affiliates, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To monitor, improve and administer the Website and Services, and to provide general statistics regarding user of the Website;
- To update you on changes to the Website and Services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
TT will disclose or share your Personal Information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that any such action is necessary to: (a) comply with any legal requirements or comply with legal process served on TT or the Website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of TT; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of trusttech.sg, or the general public.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties: (a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and (b) if TT or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website or to fully experience the interactive features of the TT services or websites you visit.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Unfortunately, no internet-based service is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to, Updating, and Non-Use of Your Personal Information
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of PDPA, you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a small fee for this service.
We want to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to TT changes, for example if you change your email address, name or contact number, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
Links to Other Websites
Changes To This Statement
TT reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
Please review this policy periodically to learn about any changes.